The mature children of God are those who are moved by the impulses of the Holy Spirit. And you did not receive the “spirit of religious duty,” leading you back into the fear of never being good enough. But you have received the “Spirit of full acceptance,” enfolding you into the family of God.
Roman 8:14-16 TPT
One of the highest revelations a believer will ever come in contact with is the revelation of God as a Father. God is God to every human being but only those who come into a relationship with Jesus as Saviour and Lord become sons of God.
Fewer still are those who walk in intimacy with God. These are those that God refers to as ‘friends’ – Abraham, Moses, David, and Paul. David was known as the man after God’s heart, he sought the heart of God. Beloved, I believe that God is still searching in our days for men and women who will walk with Him in the place of intimacy.
Psalm 25:12 God shares His secrets with those who fear (love) Him, with those who are intimate with Him. He makes His secrets available to those who have sought Him in the place of intimacy.
Jesus, in teaching His disciples to pray, said “When you pray, enter into your closet, close the door” – what is the door? It is that which slams out the distractions of this life. We live in a crazy world of distractions, one of the enemy’s weapons of choice is distraction. It takes discipline to select what you give your eyes, ears, and mind to.
- He came to display and to show us what the perfect Son of God looks like – He is the prototype, Son. The first Adam failed but the last Adam (Christ) is a life-giving Spirit. So we are born twice, the first time according to the Adamic nature of sin, and the second time (if you are born again) you are regenerated – this means that God began a new life with you. The Holy Spirit came into your dead spirit and recreated you after the order of Christ. He has gone through what you are going through, He knows what it means to be a man. If we follow the path of Christ, no matter the storms and billows we face along life’s path, at the end of the journey we will be victorious.
DECLARATION: Whatever circumstance you are going through, I pray for grace and endurance to come upon you tonight! May God’s grace be readily made available to you. Rise up and go again! As you go again, the desired result will show up.
Hebrews 1:1-3 Jesus is the image of God. The reason why people have a crisis in their identity is because they do not know their paternity. Likewise, as believers, it is possible to be born again for years but fail to have a deep-rooted revelation of God as Father. Many fears and phobias, insecurities, and self-esteem issues can be sorted out by this revelation. Jesus said that as the Father has loved Him, so has He loved you.
DECLARATION: Father, I thank You for Your amazing love for me! Tonight, under these open heavens, open my eyes to a deeper dimension of the revelation of Your love for me, in the name of Jesus.
Luke 10:38-42 Here we see the story of Mary and Martha. Jesus came to the house of Mary and Martha, Martha was busy with service. While there is nothing wrong with service, it becomes wrong when we put it before worship. Serving without worship will lead to burning out. Before Moses went to Pharaoh, he had to have a burning bush encounter. Martha became agitated when she saw Mary sitting and listening to Jesus instead of helping her serve, but Jesus commended Mary’s choice of prioritizing the Word of God as eternal.
Daniel 11:32 Knowing God intimately as Father is one key that will give us a renewed sense of stability in our shaky and unstable world. If we are not rooted in the truth of God’s Word, we can start assuming that the majority is right instead of the Lord.
Beloved, we see that God has always desired intimacy with man. The journey began in Genesis, where we see that from time to time, God would come down to the earth to commune with man – Genesis 3:8. In the Fall, man lost the glory of God upon him
God is able to love me exactly as He loves you and as He loves Jesus, but man lacks this capacity.
2 Corinthians 4:4, Romans 8:29-30 the desire of God is for us to begin the journey in Christ and to become metamorphosed into one with Christ. Everyone has a pathway to walk which if we follow faithfully, ultimately this path will lead us to glory. When we understand this truth, it will take away competition.
John 14:6-13 This revelation of the fatherhood of God gives the believer stability and foundation to go through the storms of life. Foundations are important. There are believers who through their journey have many things that make them a waiver. These can be traced back to their foundations.
Declaration: I believe that tonight, one of the major foundations of our walk with God will be established again – the foundation of God as our Father.
1 Corinthians 3:10-11, Hebrews 12:24-29 The things around you may be shaking but you as a child of God, rooted and grounded in Christ will not be shaken.
Beloved, we see that God has always desired intimacy with man. The journey began in Genesis, where we see that from time to time, God would come down to the earth to commune with man – Genesis 3:8. In the Fall, man lost the glory of God upon him and access to the presence of God until the Birth, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus by which the veil that concealed the Holy of Holies was rent apart. Meaning that from that point, man once again had unhindered, unfettered, and unrestrained access to God, not by his power but by the Blood of Jesus. So we come not on our own account, but by the account of Jesus.
The coming of Jesus to the earth had two purposes:
- To reveal, unveil, and show us the Father God. Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life”. The Lord will not cast away any who comes to Him by Jesus.
Three things that the revelation of the Fatherhood of God will help us establish in our lives:
- The issue of our identity. You really cannot answer the question of who you are until you are able to answer the question “Who is your father?”. Recommended book: Living in the Father’s Love Zone – the Love Revolution by Apostle Goodheart Ekwueme. Sometimes the inability of biological fathers to keep their word makes us see our heavenly Father in the wrong way.
- A renewed sense of value and self-worth. Romans 8:32 if God did not withhold His best from you, why would He not with the best give you everything you need? What you have been through in the journey of life has not succeeded in devaluing you in the sight of God. How you have been treated wrongly by anybody does not determine your value. Those who have fathers can go further.
- A sense of security. The revelation of the fatherhood of God brings a sense of being protected. God will go the extra mile to keep and preserve the one He loves.
The temptation of Jesus was largely a bid to make Him shake from the revelation of His Sonship. Life’s questions seek to ask us “Are you really who God says you are?”. Listen, you’re not who life has painted your picture to be, you are exactly who God says you are. We have been born again by the incorruptible seed of God’s Word, and if the seed that gave birth to us is incorruptible then we are incorruptible!
- Key Takeaways:
- The revelation of God as a Father is a significant and transformative understanding for believers. It is through a relationship with Jesus that we become sons of God.
- Intimacy with God is essential, and He desires to have friends who seek Him in a place of closeness and communion.
- Knowing God intimately as Father brings stability, rootedness in God’s truth, and addresses fears, insecurities, and self-esteem issues.
This highlights the importance of knowing God as Father and walking in intimacy with Him. It emphasizes that the revelation of God as a Father is a profound experience for believers, enabling them to understand their identity and relationship with Him. By seeking God’s presence and cultivating intimacy, believers can receive His secrets and experience stability in an unstable world.
This also emphasizes the significance of prioritizing worship and the Word of God over mere service, as well as the transformative power of understanding ourselves as children of God. Ultimately, knowing God as Father brings a renewed sense of value, self-worth, and security, empowering believers to navigate life’s challenges with confidence.